I posted a long version of this question to Evaltalk, and got quite a few replies. I am now posting that long version as well as the replies I received. This could be an interesting inquiry. (Whether is it useful is TBD.) Please weigh in as the spirit moves.
If anyone wants to post rather than just respond to existing posts send me email at firstname.lastname@example.org. I’ll set you up with “author” status. Or just send me the material and I’ll post it in your name.
- contact Jonny
- Converting an intellectual understanding of complexity into practical tools
- Evaluation as Social Technology
- How to Evaluate a Conference
- Integrating Evaluation and Agent-Based Modeling
- Program Logic, Program Theory, and Unintended Consequences: Understanding Relationships. Implementing Action
- System design: Requirements, complexity, and cost
- Unintended consequences, Development, and Democracy
- What to Do When Impacts Shift and Evaluation Design Requires Stability?
- Why Do Hospitals Coordinate Activities As They Do? Or: What I Learned From My Hip Surgery
- Workshop: Grappling With the Unexpected From Firefighting to Systematic Action
- Workshop: Logic Models — Beyond the Traditional View
- Follow Surprises in Programs and their Evaluations on WordPress.com
Hours & Info1-202-555-1212Lunch: 11am - 2pm
Dinner: M-Th 5pm - 11pm, Fri-Sat:5pm - 1am