Here is the slide deck for a presentation I did at a State Department conference: Diplomacy, Development, and Defense — Evaluating Foreign Policy Success.
Evaluation of Unintended Consequences of Development Efforts: Building Evaluation Capacity in Support of Development and Democracy
- contact Jonny
- Converting an intellectual understanding of complexity into practical tools
- Evaluation as Social Technology
- How to Evaluate a Conference
- Integrating Evaluation and Agent-Based Modeling
- System design: Requirements, complexity, and cost
- Unintended consequences, Development, and Democracy
- What to Do When Impacts Shift and Evaluation Design Requires Stability?
- Why Do Hospitals Coordinate Activities As They Do? Or: What I Learned From My Hip Surgery
- Workshop: Grappling With the Unexpected From Firefighting to Systematic Action
- Workshop: Logic Models — Beyond the Traditional View
- Complexity is about stability and predictability
- Big Data in Evaluation
- How to evaluate complex health interventions?
- Matching management systems to system behavior
- Using an evolutionary biology view to connect the intellectual development of evaluation and the development of the evaluation community
- Follow Surprises in Programs and their Evaluations on WordPress.com
Hours & Info1-202-555-1212Lunch: 11am - 2pm
Dinner: M-Th 5pm - 11pm, Fri-Sat:5pm - 1am