I posted a long version of this question to Evaltalk, and got quite a few replies. I am now posting that long version as well as the replies I received. This could be an interesting inquiry. (Whether is it useful is TBD.) Please weigh in as the spirit moves.
If anyone wants to post rather than just respond to existing posts send me email at email@example.com. I’ll set you up with “author” status. Or just send me the material and I’ll post it in your name.
- contact Jonny
- Converting an intellectual understanding of complexity into practical tools
- Evaluation as Social Technology
- How to Evaluate a Conference
- Integrating Evaluation and Agent-Based Modeling
- Program Logic, Program Theory, and Unintended Consequences: Understanding Relationships. Implementing Action
- System design: Requirements, complexity, and cost
- Systems as Program Theory and as Methodology: A Hands on Approach over the Evaluation Life Cycle: Workshop at the American Evaluation Association Summer Institute
- Unintended consequences, Development, and Democracy
- What to Do When Impacts Shift and Evaluation Design Requires Stability?
- Why Do Hospitals Coordinate Activities As They Do? Or: What I Learned From My Hip Surgery
- Workshop: Grappling With the Unexpected From Firefighting to Systematic Action
- Workshop: Logic Models — Beyond the Traditional View
- Ideological diversity in Evaluation. We don’t have it, and we do need it
- Invitation to a Conversation Between Program Funders and Program Evaluators: Complex Behavior in Program Design and Evaluation
- Joint Optimization of Uncorrelated Outcomes as a Method for Minimizing Undesirable Consequences of Program Action
- A simple recipe for improving the odds of sustainability: A systems perspective
- Agent-based Evaluation Guiding Implementation of Solar Technology
- Follow Surprises in Programs and their Evaluations on WordPress.com
Hours & Info1-202-555-1212Lunch: 11am - 2pm
Dinner: M-Th 5pm - 11pm, Fri-Sat:5pm - 1am