I posted a long version of this question to Evaltalk, and got quite a few replies. I am now posting that long version as well as the replies I received. This could be an interesting inquiry. (Whether is it useful is TBD.) Please weigh in as the spirit moves.
If anyone wants to post rather than just respond to existing posts send me email at firstname.lastname@example.org. I’ll set you up with “author” status. Or just send me the material and I’ll post it in your name.
- contact Jonny
- Converting an intellectual understanding of complexity into practical tools
- Evaluation as Social Technology
- How to Evaluate a Conference
- Integrating Evaluation and Agent-Based Modeling
- Program Logic, Program Theory, and Unintended Consequences: Understanding Relationships. Implementing Action
- System design: Requirements, complexity, and cost
- Systems as Program Theory and as Methodology: A Hands on Approach over the Evaluation Life Cycle: Workshop at the American Evaluation Association Summer Institute
- Unintended consequences, Development, and Democracy
- What to Do When Impacts Shift and Evaluation Design Requires Stability?
- Why Do Hospitals Coordinate Activities As They Do? Or: What I Learned From My Hip Surgery
- Workshop: Grappling With the Unexpected From Firefighting to Systematic Action
- Workshop: Logic Models — Beyond the Traditional View
- Part 1 of a 3 Part Series on how to Make AEA, and Evaluation, Relevant in the Future: What is Diversity?
- Part 2 of a 3 Part Series on how to Make AEA, and Evaluation, Relevant in the Future: AEA as an Evolving Organism
- Part 3 of a 3 Part Series on how to Make AEA, and Evaluation, Relevant in the Future: Evolution, Diversity and Change from the Middle
- Evaluation use by people opposed to the program
- Are Policy Makers, Program Designers and Managers Doing a Good Job if they Rely Too Much on Evaluation?
- Follow Surprises in Programs and their Evaluations on WordPress.com
Hours & Info1-202-555-1212Lunch: 11am - 2pm
Dinner: M-Th 5pm - 11pm, Fri-Sat:5pm - 1am