This blog is my place to muse about evaluation:
- how theory and practice relate to each other,
- why programs have unintended consequences,
- how to evaluate those unintended consequences,
- how the behavior of complex systems affects our models, methodologies, and measurements, and
- evaluation as a profession and as a discipline.
The common theme is that we are too frequently surprised by events we did not anticipate; with fires we must put out. My desire is to help develop a community of interest in moving from firefighting to anticipatory, systematic planning.