Description : This workshop will provide an opportunity to learn how to use a system approach when designing and conducting evaluation. The presentation will be practical. It is intended to give participants a hands-on ability to make pragmatic choices about developing and doing evaluation. Topics covered will be: 1) What do systems “look like” in terms of form and structure? 2) How do systems behave? 3) How can systems be used to develop program theory, as a methodology, and as a framework for data interpretation? 4) How should a systems approach be used along different parts of an evaluation life cycle – from initial design to reporting? The workshop will be built around real evaluation cases. Participants will be expected to work in groups to apply the material that will be presented.
- contact Jonny
- Converting an intellectual understanding of complexity into practical tools
- Evaluation as Social Technology
- How to Evaluate a Conference
- Integrating Evaluation and Agent-Based Modeling
- Program Logic, Program Theory, and Unintended Consequences: Understanding Relationships. Implementing Action
- System design: Requirements, complexity, and cost
- Systems as Program Theory and as Methodology: A Hands on Approach over the Evaluation Life Cycle: Workshop at the American Evaluation Association Summer Institute
- Unintended consequences, Development, and Democracy
- What to Do When Impacts Shift and Evaluation Design Requires Stability?
- Why Do Hospitals Coordinate Activities As They Do? Or: What I Learned From My Hip Surgery
- Workshop: Grappling With the Unexpected From Firefighting to Systematic Action
- Workshop: Logic Models — Beyond the Traditional View
- Case Study Example: Drawing on Complexity to do Hands-on Evaluation
- Part 1 of a 3 Part Series on how to Make AEA, and Evaluation, Relevant in the Future: What is Diversity?
- Part 2 of a 3 Part Series on how to Make AEA, and Evaluation, Relevant in the Future: AEA as an Evolving Organism
- Part 3 of a 3 Part Series on how to Make AEA, and Evaluation, Relevant in the Future: Evolution, Diversity and Change from the Middle
- Evaluation use by people opposed to the program
- Follow Surprises in Programs and their Evaluations on WordPress.com
Hours & Info1-202-555-1212Lunch: 11am - 2pm
Dinner: M-Th 5pm - 11pm, Fri-Sat:5pm - 1am