Here is the slide deck for a presentation I did at a State Department conference: Diplomacy, Development, and Defense — Evaluating Foreign Policy Success.
Evaluation of Unintended Consequences of Development Efforts: Building Evaluation Capacity in Support of Development and Democracy
- contact Jonny
- Converting an intellectual understanding of complexity into practical tools
- Evaluation as Social Technology
- How to Evaluate a Conference
- Integrating Evaluation and Agent-Based Modeling
- Program Logic, Program Theory, and Unintended Consequences: Understanding Relationships. Implementing Action
- System design: Requirements, complexity, and cost
- Systems as Program Theory and as Methodology: A Hands on Approach over the Evaluation Life Cycle: Workshop at the American Evaluation Association Summer Institute
- Unintended consequences, Development, and Democracy
- What to Do When Impacts Shift and Evaluation Design Requires Stability?
- Why Do Hospitals Coordinate Activities As They Do? Or: What I Learned From My Hip Surgery
- Workshop: Grappling With the Unexpected From Firefighting to Systematic Action
- Workshop: Logic Models — Beyond the Traditional View
- Are Policy Makers, Program Designers and Managers Doing a Good Job if they Rely Too Much on Evaluation?
- Some Musings on Evaluation Use in the Current Political Context
- Another post on joint optimization of uncorrelated program goals as a way to minimize unintended negative consequences
- Ideological diversity in Evaluation. We don’t have it, and we do need it
- Invitation to a Conversation Between Program Funders and Program Evaluators: Complex Behavior in Program Design and Evaluation
- Follow Surprises in Programs and their Evaluations on WordPress.com
Hours & Info1-202-555-1212Lunch: 11am - 2pm
Dinner: M-Th 5pm - 11pm, Fri-Sat:5pm - 1am