Slides for my AES Workshop: Application of Complexity Science to Evaluation are here. Topics I’ll cover are:
- Stability and instability in complex systems
- Talking to stakeholders about complex behavior
- Thinking in terms of the behavior of complex systems
- Pattern, predictability and how change happens as general themes.
- Methodologies we need to evaluate with respect to complexity. (Most are already well known to us.
- Constructs from Complexity Science are useful when developing program theory, designing evaluation, and interpreting data.
Slides for the workshop are here: AES Complexity Workshop — Morell
2 thoughts on “Workshop: Drawing from Complexity Science to do Evaluation.”
I like this. Not cagey, not resorting to jargon to dazzle, and the slides are there to illustrate. All up front. Every workshop should’ve advertised like this!
I like this. Upfront.